A workout partner can accompany you in achieving your fitness goals. You and your workout buddy can motivate each other. Aside from that, isn’t it more fun to share your workout experiences with someone? How about you? Yes, you! The one who’s reading this now. Do you have a workout partner? What kind of workout exercises do you do with your partner? If you want more exercises that you and your workout buddy can enjoy, please continue reading this article.
How to find a workout partner?
Doing a workout with a partner makes it more fun and exciting. However, how and where can you find a great workout partner? Nah, that’s so easy and simple. Take a look below.
- Ask your friends and family: Ideally, they are the first persons that would come to mind to look for a great workout partner. When you successfully ask someone from your friends and family to be your exercise buddy, you can directly proceed with your workout routines. There will be no time for awkwardness nor getting-to-know-each-other phase. Besides that, you are already comfortable with each other.
- Look through online sites: You can even find a fitness companion through online sites. Several websites are available where it is possible to find someone who shares the same fitness goals as yours.
- Consider using virtual apps: These apps can help you find a workout buddy. Through this app, you can upload your stats and make comparisons with other friends inside the app. Get ready for a virtual app competition! Competitiveness, ON!
- Look around the gym: Use your socialization skills here. Spot someone whom you think shares the same interest as you. Start with a little conversation or offer some help. You might end with someone who can be your long-time workout partner.
Maintaining your health and wellness is necessary to keep a good overall health condition. In like manner, it is also essential to at least have one workout buddy. Doing your workout with a partner offers several benefits and advantages.
Advantages of doing a workout with a partner
A workout routine with a buddy is different. Here are some of the reasons why you should start working out with someone.
- Accountability: Working out together means acting responsibly and consistently. Furthermore, you’ll have someone to know whether you missed a workout or not. Besides that, both of you can keep track of each other’s fitness improvements.
- Friendly competition: A workout together opens a door for a healthy competition. It can even boost your urge to achieve excellent fitness results. Neither of you will want to get left behind in progress.
- Fun-filled workout: Having someone with whom you can share pleasant and rough exercise times is better. A good chat while doing exercises will make it more enjoyable and less tiring. Moreover, working out alone is lonely and less exciting.
- Open for exploration: Going to the gym alone can sometimes be intimidating. However, if you have someone at your side, you will both have the courage to explore and get out of the box. In effect, both of you can encourage each other to try new things.
- Maintain as a routine: Making up excuses not to go to the gym is easy if you are alone. But then, if you have a partner, you’d feel guilty not to go. In effect, you would keep going with your workouts regularly.
- Source of motivation: You and your partner can cheer on each other. Explicitly, a little encouragement can light up our spirit to keep going. Furthermore, you got someone to congratulate you even for the little progress you made. In effect, you will be more inspired to do a lot better.
As shown above, are you still thinking of exercising alone? Let me give you some exercises to emphasize that you can enjoy with a partner beside you.
Common partner exercises
There are exercises that you can include in your workout with a partner. Have a look below and see if you can try them on.
- Partner get up
- Crawl under, jump over
- Hamstring curls
- Reaction lunges
- Leg throws
- Wall push
- Crawls – the wheelbarrow
- Partner sleds
- Partner drags
- Med ball drills
- Shadowing drills
- Resistance band drills
- Resisted sprints
As you can see, several exercises are best enjoyed with a partner. Regardless of these numerous exercises, it doesn’t mean you have to do it in a day. You can make plans, to put it differently. Moreover, all of these exercises are indeed beneficial.
Generally speaking, a workout buddy is beneficial and has its advantages. For this reason, secure one now. As has been noted, doing a workout with a partner will make a lot of differences. Being fit and healthy is a goal best when achieved together. So, grab your partner now and start your workout journey with each other.